Monday, February 16, 2009

School Work

I frequently find myself complaining about school work. This is especially true for Elementary Education classes. In fact, I have (on more than one occasion) taken pride in my ability to describe in great detail just how much the education classes drive me nuts. In adoration a few days ago, I was meditating on work. Here is a quote from In Conversation with God (which may not make sense out of context): "A job done in this way dignifies the one who does it and gives glory to his creator." God is calling me to be a teacher. He has blessed and chosen this path for me. I deprive that calling of its dignity and deny God His glory when I approach my work in education with a mediocre attitude. He consecrated this work for me, and my attitude makes a mockery out of His Divine calling. I give Him glory and honor when I work hard and put all of myself into my work. This then becomes a true offering.

No comments:

Post a Comment