Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Daybook: Because I Want to Blog Without too Much Thinking

FOR TODAY
(November 17, 2010)

Outside my window... it is very dark. Though it is not late, not even 8:00. Also, the weather has settled into a chilly state over the past few days. I'm happy with it for now.

I am thinking... about how God, in wisdom and perfect love, does things that I am far from understanding, but which cause me to smile.

I am thankful for... Grace. Tonight, the 2nd graders at my Parish make their First Reconciliation. My 2nd graders will participate in the Sacrament for the first time at the end of this month. I'm so excited for the flowing of grace!

I am wearing... Jeans, T-shirt, Benedictine Hoodie.

I am creating... new personal commitments.

I am going... to a senior retreat tomorrow night. I'm leading a 30-minute session (three times). Prayers please.

I am reading... hmmm... I honestly think I've been picking up a new book each time I sit down to read.

I am hoping... that I'm able to cling to grace instead of self.

I am hearing... mom and dad talking about free shipping.
 
Around the classroom..."Take out a piece of paper. Open your science books to page 128. There has been far too much talking today. It has taken too long to get your attention. Too many of you have been talking and not listening while I'm teaching. So, you are going to start with the word desert and copy every word from this page and the next, in complete silence, until I tell you that you can stop." It only took me 62 school days to become "one of those" teachers. :-(

One of my favorite things... when I can trustingly smile at God even while knowing that this thing He has going on might just hurt a whole lot.

Visit Peggy for more daybook entries!

No comments:

Post a Comment