Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Daybook: A Night of Conferences

FOR TODAY

(November 1, 2011)

Outside my window... Today's weather is beautiful! I'm in love with the gentle breeze. I spent some quality God time outside on Saturday, and my senses have been infatuated with the season ever since. (Let's be honest, my senses had been infatuated at the first hint of Fall weather, but Saturday did contribute to a rekindling.)

I am thinking... a lot about purpose and motivation. I'm seeking to discover what ignites a drive within me to do things. I want the kind of interior freedom that I suspect comes from knowing where one is supposed to be headed - who one should be becoming.

I am thankful for... time. At this point, I'd like it to just keep moving. (I watched Finding Nemo yesterday, so my "just keep moving on" comment has me singing "just keep swimming, just keep swimming")

I am wearing... Dress pants, dress socks, nice shoes, a blue shirt, and a black sweater. I'm still at school awaiting more Parent-Teacher Conferences.

I am creating... more and more sewing failures ;-) Oh well. I guess I just need more practice.

I am going... to get. out. of. this. funk. Sooner rather than later would be good.

I am reading... A Woman Wrapped in Silence - but only very slowly. I have a couple of books I need to preview for my classroom.

I am hoping... that true peace and lasting joy are waiting just around the corner. And I'm mostly hoping that they will be sprinkled all throughout Advent and Christmas.

I am hearing... leaves rustling in the wind, a dog barking, and strange as of yet unidentified sound outside that successfully distracted my students today.

Around the classroom... I had to reschedule Parent-Teacher Conferences from last Thursday so that I could be present at history in the making. Game 6 of the World Series was, in many ways, just what I needed. Fun.

One of my favorite things... a nice cup of coffee on a nature trail during a peaceful Saturday outing.

Visit Peggy for more daybook entries!

1 comment:

  1. Love hearing from you, Melissa! <3 we miss you! :)
    Love,
    Emily F. of AYM

    ReplyDelete