Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Back to Formalized Education...

Classes start today. I am looking forward to getting an idea of what my life will look like this semester. I am ready for a routine. I am still determined to live better this semester. There is one error that I made in my thinking last semester that has to go. In my attempt to nurture my desires, I ended up blindly following my emotions. In that process, my true desires were forgotten. I never really found peace or happiness last semester. A distinction that will be important for me this time around is that it is the will that desires, not the emotions. Emotions that are well trained will follow the desires of the will. The will, with virtue, will follow the intellect. So, this semester, I will live so as to nurture my desires, as they are ordered to the intellect ... my emotions will catch on eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment