Sunday, September 26, 2010

Daybook: A Week of Fall Weather!

FOR TODAY
(September 26, 2010)

Outside my window... there is misty rain and cool temperatures.  I've had tea, but I did not have it walking around a park, which, in my opinion, means that I have not enjoyed the weather to the fullest potential.

I am thinking... that God's timing is really, really important.  Our relationships, decisions, and peace depend upon our ability to wait (or react) to the ways God reveals His timing.  For me, in one situation, the time is coming.  It is nearly upon me. I am oh so ready for it to pass.

I am thankful for... days that go well without me trying too hard.  Moments when God's presence gives me the kind of peace that overcomes. Surprise conversations with old, yet unforgotten, friends.

I am wearing... Jeans, a green shirt, a gray sweater, and blue argyle socks.  My hair is down and straightened, and there is no make-up on my face.

I am creating... lessons, a talk, and virtue - step by step.

I am going... to spend as much of my time as I can preparing.  When I prepare well, I live well.  Thus, I will plan my lessons, my youth group talk, and my spirit and emotions for meaningful conversation and prayer.

I am reading... I've been picking up Frank Sheed's To Know Christ Jesus again in recent days. I never finished it when I first began a couple years ago.  It makes for just the right amount reflection before I fall asleep at night.

I am hoping... that I surrender well. Everyday. In all things.

I am hearing... NCIS
 
Around the classroom...I have science plans for the next 3 weeks set.  We have some fun religion activities coming up in the next few weeks.  I also have some seasonal reading activities in the works.  Also, I will look my students in the eye when they talk to me, even in those moments when they interrupt my working.

One of my favorite things... tea.

I am growing ... up. I'm becoming more and more of an adult...for better or first worse. 

Visit Peggy for more daybook entries!

No comments:

Post a Comment