Thursday, October 14, 2010

Day Book: Nearing the End of a Week that Flew

FOR TODAY
(October 14, 2010)

Outside my window... it is very dark.  I'm laying in bed avoiding both sleep and my thoughts.  I'm tired.  In many ways. But right now, I just need to be.

I am thinking... that I need to change. I must change. God is waiting. I don't know exactly what needs to change.  I don't know when it will happen or what its result will be. However, change seems to be on the horizon.

I am thankful for... the rhythm and liturgy of the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church.

I am wearing... PJs and probably a look of deep contemplation.

I am creating... memories -f or myself, for some amazing teens, for my students, for my family, for my friends, for my coworkers. I hope that I am creating well.

I am going... to seek and surrender.  That much I know He asks.

I am reading... A little of this and little of that. Nothing very consistent.

I am hoping... that things change.  I hope that I become better, become holier.

I am hearing... the fan blowing and my fingers typing.  Also, a voice inside me that seems to think I should resist and that whatever I'm sensing myself called to isn't possible anyway.  I'm hearing that voice, but I'm trying ever so hard to not listen.
 
Around the classroom...I will be getting a SMART Board!  I've introduced a new Reading Response Program.  The students seem to like it.  The organizational element is finished. I think it might actually work well!

One of my favorite things... good, honest, Christ-centered conversation.

Visit Peggy for more daybook entries!

No comments:

Post a Comment