Saturday, October 23, 2010

2nd Graders and Werewolfs

We had just come in from recess.  I was hurriedly trying to get my students lined up for Art class.

Thomas: Miss Hunter, is George turning into a werewolf?

Me: No.

Thomas: He says he is.

Me: He isn't.

Thomas: But he says that if you get bitten by a werewolf you turn into one.

Me: He wasn't bitten by a werewolf.

The student walked over to the supply baskets to get his art supplies. I could hear he, George, and two other boys talking.

Will: Miss Hunter says you aren't, George.

George: She doesn't know everything.

Thomas: Uh! She's the teacher. She is sooo smart.

George: She knows a lot, but she doesn't know everything about me.

George (to Will): Why did you tell her? I didn't want people to know.

Will: I didn't. Thomas did!

George: Why did you tell him? I only told you because I was spending the night. I didn't want anyone else to know about it.

Will: ::sighs deeply:: I'm sorry.

The Art Teacher had a nice little laugh when I warned her of the situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment