Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Daybook: A Few Days Before the Pro-Life Trip to D.C.

FOR TODAY
(January 18, 2011)

Outside my window... Today started out warmer than I had anticipated; it has since gotten colder again. There is a lot of snow in the forecast for the next couple of days. Normally, I've been excited by the possibility of a snow day. However, now that there is only 1 more built into the schedule, the excitement is waning. Time will tell what will happen...time will tell.
 
I am thinking... that for all the times God has to wait on me, I shouldn't be quite so antsy and annoying when He asks me to wait on Him.

I am thankful for... the blessing of living in a world where dreams can (and do!) come true. Also, I'm thankful that, of all the burdens my faith brings, I am able to practice it openly and outwardly without fear of death. Though there are many ways that God is shunned from our society, His people are free to love Him and live their lives in accord with His Divine Will.  That is blessing that generations before us did not have. And I am grateful.

I am wearing... Kakki (sp?) pants, green shirt with brown sweater on top, and brown dress socks.

I am creating... perfectly formed, to the point, ill-intentioned thoughts that will (God willing) never become words actually spoken. But I'm sure thinking them. ...like I said, I need to wait better...

I am going... to watch NCIS tonight! Also, I leave Friday evening for the March for Life!

I am reading... In Conversation with God -some days. I've begun Come Meet Jesus-sort of. To Know Christ Jesus is closest to my bed and often picked up at night. My old journals - each entry brings back memories, lots and lots of memories.

I am hoping... that resolution comes swiftly in God's time in a way that makes me feel better grow in holiness. ;-)

I am hearing... my computer. It sounds like it is working hard for some reason.
 
Around the classroom...The SmartBoard is up but not running. We are beginning our class mission this week ("Read to Feed"). I'm busy making sub plans for those days that I'll be in D.C.

One of my favorite things... being able to fall asleep. Too many late nights texting lately...

Visit Peggy for more daybook entries! 

No comments:

Post a Comment