Monday, January 31, 2011

Daybook: When a Snow Storm is Coming

FOR TODAY
(January 31, 2011)

Outside my window... there is ice. Apparently. School was dismissed at 1:15 today because of weather conditions. There is supposed to be more ice throughout the night, with snow on top of that ALL DAY tomorrow. I'm predicting 2 snow days, would be fine with 1, and am hoping for none.
 
I am thinking... that I have a lot to learn. And there are so many ways I need to grow. I'm fairly certain that there are enumerable lessons in trust coming my way.

I am thankful for... the patient, loving, compassionate, and holy people I am so very blessed to call my friends.

I am wearing... PJ's all the way! Woot!

I am creating... what I'm sure will one day be comical memories. One day. Not today. Although tomorrow does look kind of promising.

I am going... to praise God in my prayers. Really, honestly, and genuinely praise Him. Because He is oh so good and so worthy.

I am reading... lately, my own blog posts. It's been kind of weird.

I am hoping... that someday being honest with people doesn't make me feel quite so physically ill.

I am hearing... the sounds of friends voices -phone call after phone call today. It's been really great.
 
Around the classroom...Catholic Schools' Week, friends. Catholic Schools' Week. Although the excitement may be thwarted by this weather that has been predicted.

One of my favorite things... the moment right after vulnerable conversation. Not the moments before. Not the moments in the midst of them. The moment after. When they are over. And God's grace and peace are able to overcome my fears.

Visit Peggy for more daybook entries! 

No comments:

Post a Comment