Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Daybook: Something Coming

FOR TODAY
(September 7, 2011)

Outside my window... I'm loving the weather! I can smell and feel the coming fall, and I couldn't be more delighted! The heat of the summer got old...especially when it crept into September. I'm ready for some nice crisp air!

I am thinking... that this whole confusion thing is going to look really great when I see it as a display of God faithfulness and power to work in my life. When I see Him with the glory of it all then I will see greatness. Until then...wow. This has been a long battle.

I am thankful for... my students. So far, they have made the start of this school year smooth.

I am wearing... PJs! I've been wearing a skirt to school most days. I'm thinking of going for a dress tomorrow.

I am creating... a Big Dream. However, if all is right in the world (and my soul), it's actually going to be God who does the creating.

I am going... to learn how to sew. I need to find a place to buy a new belt for a very old machine. Then comes the fabric. Then comes the sewing.

I am reading... I just finished The End of Molasses Classes by Ron Clark. If you want to read the story of a Big Dream becoming a very successful reality, read this book. From a teacher standpoint, I loved almost all of it. From a person standpoint, I'm inspired to enter into greatness. I've become a huge Ron Clark fan.

I am hoping... for a miracle. There. I said it. I've prayed it. I'm surrendered. It's all Yours God. It's all Yours.

I am hearing... a doubtful voice inside me that really should just go away. It is not welcome here.
 
Around the classroom... we've really got things rolling in 2H this year! Math groups on Tuesdays are a great new addition. Writing Skills time during the week seems like it just might work out with a limited number of headaches. Math Challenge time is lots of fun too! With all of that plus the regular joy of Reading Groups and general teaching activities, AND 45 minute art and music breaks this year, I'd say things are shaping up fairly well!

One of my favorite things... joy at the sight of adventure and possibility.

Visit Peggy for more daybook entries!

No comments:

Post a Comment