Saturday, December 3, 2011

Daybook: Advent

FOR TODAY

(December 3, 2011)

Outside my window... So far I'm not minding the cooler temperatures. I think snow would really help me feel more like it's "time" for Advent. Right now the weekend forecast is warm, and I'm not sure what to make of it.

I am thinking... about this post on being gay and Catholic. It's an article that kept appearing on my Facebook news feed, and I kept ignoring it. So glad I finally clicked. It is an excellent perspective on living out the Church's teaching on homosexuality and offers a courageous example of laying down even the hardest things for the grace and blessing that is the Catholic Church. This life is really not about you. (Don't feel bad though, it isn't about me either.) It's about something so much bigger and better.

I am thankful for... real, honest surrender.

I am wearing... PJs! That is so often my answer here. Right now I'm just giving my breakfast a chance to digest before I go for a run. The PJs thing won't last much longer.

I am creating... a place in my routine for more of God.

I am going... to have to visit Denver soon. My friend graduates in May, and I really can't let her have lived there for 2 years without me ever visiting.

I am reading... Lot's and lot's of Advent and Christmas things. (Speaking of Advent, I'm so happy to be praying the St. Andrew Christmas novena again this year.)

I am hoping... that my heart really does change during this season of preparation.

I am hearing... nothing. Which is strange because it is not early on a Saturday morning. People are awake and around...I guess I just can't hear them. Oh. Wait. A leaf-blower just started up somewhere outside...

Around the classroom... I am the proud teacher of 17 holier-than-they-were-last-week second graders. First Reconciliation was this past week. Fr. said they were "well-prepared." Yay, God! I love watching Him pour His grace over children.

One of my favorite things... Caramel Brulee Latte. Starbucks. I cannot get over how great it tastes. Seriously.

Visit Peggy for more daybook entries!

No comments:

Post a Comment