Monday, February 8, 2010

Daybook

FOR TODAY
(February 8, 2010) - First Official Day of Full-Time Student Teaching

Outside my window... darkness has fully set-in. It is very, very cold.

I am thinking... about this quote about Maria Goretti:

"Some extol her for being willing to die rather than to commit sin. She is rightly praised for her love for purity and chastity. But many people overlook the fact that she didn't have to die to preserve her purity. The soul of a woman who is raped is not with sin. She has done nothing wrong. It is the one who violates her who incurs the guilt of mortal sin. She died with her assailant's soul in mind. The fact that she thought of his soul is what makes her sacrifice so unique. She knew that his eternal soul was worth more than her earthly life. It is unimaginable charity." -Jason Evert
 
I am thankful for... The Sign of the Cross. Beginning and ending a prayer any other way just isn't right.

From the kitchen... I made some spaghetti last night for me to take to lunch this week. Today at lunch, it tastes nothing like my mom's, and I'm not looking forward to it for tomorrow.  I was blessed to have dinner with good and holy people who graciously opened their home to me tonight. It was delicious, and the company was so, so good.

I am wearing... Jeans and T-shirt and a hoodie. However, to school this morning I wore gray dress pants, a warm black sweater, and black flats.

I am creating... the first of many, many lesson plans.

I am going... to school! Today. Then tomorrow. Then the next day. Then the day after that... you get the picture.

I am reading... eh.

I am hoping... that I'm able to get into a nice, peaceful, and holy routine.

I am hearing... laughter. But right now, I'm so tired and uncomfortable that it is kind of annoying.

Around the apartment... lots of business and a bit of tension...

One of my favorite things... time with children.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Student teaching.

Visit Peggy for more daybook entries!

No comments:

Post a Comment