Monday, February 15, 2010

Daybook

FOR TODAY
(February 15, 2010) - President's Day - No School!

Outside my window... it's sunny. I can see blue in the sky, cold people briskly walking to class, snow flurrying around, and banner blowing in the wind.

I am thinking... I never intended for these Daybook entries to become my only blog posts. Also, Lent is fast approaching and I am not even the least bit prepared.
 
I am thankful for... Safe travels. Even though my weekend home ended up being not-so-great, I arrived and returned safely.

From the kitchen... I plan on asking the Caf to make lunches for me to take to school. Dinner in the apartment is easier than preparing lunches to take to school.

I am wearing... PJ's! ...still...

I am creating... a way to get myself out of an emotional disaster...

I am going... no where in particular. I plan to enjoy having a day to be on campus, so I will venture out into the cold soon.

I am reading... the teacher's edition of the text books for each subject in 3rd grade.  For Lent, I'm considering reading The Power of the Cross: Applying the Passion of Christ to Your Life by Michael Dubruiel

I am hoping... that I can really learn to have hope. Hope seemed to be a theme in my prayer yesterday. There are many things in my life that are changing; they are uncertain and not at all happy. I have no control, and I should not. However, I should always have hope, never losing sight of eternity.

I am hearing... silence. And an anxious and unhappy voice inside of me that is struggling to be calm enough to encounter my Savior.

Around the apartment... I'm not entirely sure. I was home all weekend, and last night I did very little. I have a bit of unpacking remaining, and that always present chore list needs attention and updating.

One of my favorite things... staying up late, talking with a roommate.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Student teaching. Mailing resumes. Lent.

Visit Peggy for more daybook entries!

No comments:

Post a Comment