Thursday, May 6, 2010

As the Job Search Continues...

...these are some of the things I keep telling myself...

1.) My prayer, for a long time, was that God give me only one choice - that He not make me discern His will through more than one possibility. If God does answer that prayer, there will have to be a lot of dead ends involved.

2.) I know the lessons I am learning now in how to listen and discern better, to trust God more fully, to surrender more deeply, and to unwaveringly have hope are far better than this discernment period ending will be. I want to learn those lessons. I want to become holier.

3.) I speak with complete sincerity when I say that I want to do God's will.  I honestly want what He wants for me. Those words are not uttered merely for the sake of saying them.  I mean them, and I want to live them.  It's just hard to keep that in sight when the process is scary and the result doesn't look the way I expect. I just have to remember what I truly believe anyway - no matter how difficult and stinky the situation seems at present.

No comments:

Post a Comment