Friday, December 31, 2010

2010 Awards (And Other Memories)

LIFETIME SERVICE AWARD (longest friend)
Kayla Hartmann (as always)

MOST UNDERSTANDING FRIEND
Pete. It may only be because, in working with him, he has become the friend I talk to most consistently.

HIGH POINT OF THE YEAR
 The 2010 Lifeteen Leadership Conference

LOW POINT OF THE YEAR
Wow. There have kind of been a lot.

Student teaching was hard - not really a low, just hard.

The whole job search/I-have-no-idea-what-I'm-supposed-to-do-with-my-life phase wasn't that great.



Graduating and leaving Benedictine was a difficult transition.

The summer was a hard time of desolation, in which God took many comforts away so that I would trust Him more.


Teaching isn't easy. Again, not necessarily a "low," but difficult nonetheless.

BEST HOLIDAY
I'm going to go with my brother's wedding. I know it isn't really a "holiday," but it was a great family gathering and celebration.

BEST SONG FOR 2010
Lifted High by Andy Needham

BEST MOVIE WATCHED
Rather than watching a lot of movies, I watched a lot of NCIS. I really enjoy watching NCIS.

BEST BOOK READ
The Splendor of the Church by Henri DeLubac

ALL AROUND GREAT FRIEND TO HAVE
Sarah Daz. End. Of. Story.

RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR
Lion's Choice. No joke.

BEST PROFESSOR
Dr. Blosser. Always. And still.

BEST DECISION MADE THIS YEAR
To go to the Holy Land.

MOST STUPID IDEA
Not trusting people who are clearly worthy of my trust.

BIGGEST CHANGE
Graduating college.
Getting a job.
Buying a car.
...it's been a big year for change.

NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION
To be fully given. First to God. Then to those He places in my life so that I may give of myself more and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment