Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Daybook: On a Day That Makes Me Worry I May Soon Have No Voice

To read a wonderful quote by St. John of the Cross (on his feast day) and my short reflection click here. To read Elizabeth's thoughts on the same quote (which I first read on her blog) click here.

FOR TODAY
(December 14, 2010)

Outside my window... C-O-L-D!  There is still snow on the grass, which makes me smile and my students crazy. It is dark, which it seems to always be when I am home (since I leave before the sun comes up and am home for about an hour of daylight in the evening. There is more "winter weather" coming!
 
I am thinking... that I am more in-tune with my friends and the needs of those around me when my prayer life is consistent and intentional. I should get that straightened out in my life...

I am thankful for... Cell phones. My best friends (who are much too far away) seem less far because of them.

I am wearing... PJ'S and I'm wrapped in a warm quilt!

I am creating... nothing really comes to mind...

I am going... to bed very, very soon. I sense sickness at the doorstep, and I would prefer NOT to let him in.

I am reading... To Know Christ Jesus ... some. I'm thinking of picking up Searching for and Maintaining Peace again. I really wish I could find my Advent/Christmas In Conversation with God; I think it would really help with the kind of prayer life mentioned above.

I am hoping... that certain honesty can be made manifest in a holy and God-glorifying way.

I am hearing... myself cough. Yuck.
 
Around the classroom...Santa Brain. The. End.

One of my favorite things... this time, it is a person. A person who just so happens to be named Sarah, but I prefer "Daz" or "Dazzer" or "Dazzers" or "Dazzerbelle"

Visit Peggy for more daybook entries! 

No comments:

Post a Comment