Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 Awards (and Other Things From This Year)

LIFETIME SERVICE AWARD (longest friend)
Kayla Hartmann (again this year - she will probably always win)

NEWCOMER AWARD - NEWEST FRIEND
Sarah Farley (she isn't entirely "new" but I'm in charge here so she wins anyway)

MOST UNDERSTANDING FRIEND
Dazzers! (Which says a lot because we are so very, very different, which used to always leave her helpless when it came relating to me)

HIGH POINT OF THE YEAR
The summer with the youth group

LOW POINT OF THE YEAR
The beginning of the Fall 2009 semester was rough. It was hard to be away from the youth group, I wasn't used to all the reading I had to do for my classes, and sound stuff for ministry was difficult beyond my level of competence.

BEST HOLIDAY
Thanksgiving

BEST SONG FOR 2009
When the Saints by Sara Groves ties with Empty and Beautiful by Matt Maher (neither of which are newly written in 2009)

BEST MOVIE WATCHED
The Bourne movies were a large part of the Spring semester

BEST BOOK READ
Brideshead Revisited

ALL AROUND GREAT FRIEND TO HAVE
Pete


RESTAURANT OF THE YEAR
Westside Pizza

BEST PROFESSOR
Dr. Blosser - and I am NOT just saying that because there is a chance he will read it.  Dr. White was a very close second.

BEST DECISION MADE THIS YEAR
CORE Team

MOST STUPID IDEA
To take Francis and Pio instead of Church History I. [Francis and Pio was not a stupid class, but I couldn't think of a single other bad decision all year ;-)]

BIGGEST CHANGE
hmmmm..... I'm open to suggestions on this one

BEST CLASS
Another tie: Theology and the Arts or New Testament II  (Side Note: It is really hard to think back on a year and have to consider semesters from two different school years)

NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTION
To become the person God wants me to become. (and to grow in charity)

No comments:

Post a Comment