Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A New Perspective

Remember this?

God reminds me time and time again that there is such value and goodness in my current state of life.  He has big plans for me now, not just in the future.  The purpose of my life is not limited to my future vocation - a lesson I am very slow to learn

"Suffering is not sanctified by those who suffer in this life because of wounded pride, envy, jealousy etc. How much suffering we create for ourselves! This cross is not Christ's but comes precisely from being far away from Him. This cross is one's own and it is heavy and fruitless." - In Conversation With God: Advent and Christmas, page 256.

As demonstrated by the link above, there are times when I am burdened by what I do not have.  But how much of this is Christ's cross and how much of it is self-imposed?  I'm not exactly sure.

All I really know is that, far too often, I take this time in my life for granted.  And I shouldn't.  Doing so keeps me far from Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment