Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Daybook: No Voice Today

FOR TODAY

(March 16, 2010)

Outside my window... I will wear a skirt to school every day this week...well...every day except Friday. Friday is a dress down day, and I will happily be wearing jeans. Anyway, back to the weather. It was supposed to be warm all week. Today is more than chilly. It is supposed to warm up again, but then get cold this weekend. Snow is in the forecast. Again. I've never been one of those people who acts like her happiness depends upon the current season leaving and the next one coming. This time around - I'm acting suspiciously like that person.

I am thinking... that maybe, just maybe not being 100% certain is more than just the way things will sometimes be - it might actually be the makings of something truly wonderful.

I am thankful for... an abundance of movies to watch with a good friend while we busily plan lessons and grade papers.

From the kitchen... since the vast majority of students are on Spring Break this week, I'm using the kitchen for every meal. Thursday night a wonderful, holy Catholic family will bless our apartment with its presence for dinner.

I am wearing... the shirt and sweater I wore to school...the skirt has been replaced by jeans, the pantyhose by socks, and the dress shoes by tennis shoes.

I am creating... valuable experiences. Well...I guess "creating" is a stretch. But I am, without a doubt, learning from them.

I am going... to learn to love the moment, and live like that is true.

I am reading...  For Lent: The Power of the Cross: Applying the Passion of Christ to Your Life by Michael Dubruiel - so far, this has been a great, very practical, Lenten devotional. Also, I was seeking something fiction, intellectual enough to keep me from being bored, yet ultimately lighthearted. A friend lent me her copy of Winesburg, Ohio by Sherwood Anderson. It's a series of short stories that are the perfect length for brief yet enjoyable reading.

I am hoping... that I continue to be joyfully enthralled by the deep waters of discernment.

I am hearing... Gilmore Girls

Around the apartment...with only two of us here, the chores have fallen slightly behind. Everything will be caught up before those dinner guests I mentioned arrive on Thursday night.

One of my favorite things... being able to talk. Even though I always thought it would be fun lose my voice, I really, really just want to be able teach.


On my ipod... Matt Maher's Hold Us Together - I absolutely love this song.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Get my voice back. Get closer to Heaven. (Not in that order!)

No comments:

Post a Comment