Tuesday, March 2, 2010

KU Interview Day

FOR TODAY
(March 2, 2010)

Outside my window... things are warming up a bit this week! please let it last...please let last...please let last

I am thinking... that everything is going to be okay. Some things will probably take more time than others, but all will end well enough.

I am thankful for... Moments when you know without too much a doubt that you've made the right decision

From the kitchen... I made some cheeseburgers. Abby baked an apple pie on Sunday! (It spilled in the oven, but we didn't discover that until this afternoon when I turned it on to cook a pizza. There was a fair amount of smoke involved.) Caf lunches again Wednesday and Thursday!

I am wearing... Jeans, a DeSmet shirt that belongs to my brother Andrew (it got placed with my laundry over Christmas break, and I unknowingly brought it back to school with me), and my gray hoodie from my senior year of high school.

I am creating... life lessons - sometimes the hard way, and study guides for my Theology comps...they are almost finished.

I am going... to Wal-Mart and the Humbergs later. Other than that I'm here for the long haul. My computer and I have a lot of typing still to do.

I am reading...  For Lent: The Power of the Cross: Applying the Passion of Christ to Your Life by Michael Dubruiel - so far, this has been a great, very practical, Lenten devotional.

I am hoping... that I can grow in charity and forgiveness.

I am hearing... my roommate clicking, clicking, clicking. It's the kind of clicking that can only mean one thing: Farmville.  Also, her computer is doing what we affectionately refer to as its daily "blast off." The fan seems to work extra hard during her anti-virus scan.

Around the apartment...things are a bit messy around here right now. Everyone has been busy. Our living space reflects that. There has been an almost tangible amount of tension also - being busy seems to bring that about too.

One of my favorite things... spending time with families. I had a great opportunity for that over the weekend. Abby and I (plus another babysitter we don't know) had 10 kids to entertain in a hotel while their parents attended the Scholarship Ball in KC this past Saturday. It was a lot of fun. We would both do it again. In fact, we both insist upon it.

A few plans for the rest of the week: studying, studying, studying. And I'm actually excited about it. Oh, and I have my 2nd principal evaluation for Student Teaching on Thursday. Also, I need to figure out this whole classroom management thing. Lastly, there is that whole ministry-AV Team-coordinator thing, which means that I have to (A) figure out what is wrong with one of our mixers and fix it, or (B) find a new mixer for under $500 and purchase it.

No comments:

Post a Comment