Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Things I do LIKE

A few nights ago, when I blogged a list of things I do not like, I promised a blog of things I DO like would follow.  I have been asked where that blog is.  It is here.

1.) Eggs in the mornings.
2.) Being around children.
3.) Helping pregnant mommies and mommies with newborns.
4.) Those friends with whom laughter is an inescapable given.
5.) The sheer and utter beauty of a happy, holy family striving to know and live God's will.
6.) The kind of prayer that, by its very nature, melts the unwilling and wayward heart, leaving in its place a heart that dances in surrender.
7.) The quiet and stillness of morning solitude.
8.) The warmth and comfort of the bed when you wake up a few hours before your alarm, relieved that it is not yet time to rise.
9.) The innocence and liveliness of young, pure hearts.
10.) Daises and Lillies.
11.) A cool breeze on a late-summer night.
12.) The way that you can smell fall before it arrives.
13.) The awe-inspiring peace brought forth through the breathing in and out of nature.
14.) Taking my shoes off after a day of working.
15.) Seeing the face of our great God in the eyes of those around me.
16.) God's mercy, forgiveness, and love.
17.) Listening to music.
18.) Watching NCIS.
19.) Movies and books that make me think about life and God and how those things are inextricably linked.
20.) That part of me that I'm keenly aware needs to change.  The part that is obviously unfinished.  The part is a constant, at times unbearable reminder that I am in desperate need of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment