Wednesday, January 27, 2010

In Him

I try not to write too often about being single. This is true mostly because, more often than not, I'm complaining about it.  Not tonight. 

Tonight is different. It isn't about loneliness; it's about peace.  Because the truth is, I'm satisfied.

As I sit in my pajamas, winding down at the computer I feel myself grow more and more tired. I watch the clock as each passing minutes equates to fewer minutes I will be able to sleep.  And then, He speaks.

I hear a voice, speaking to the innermost part of my heart, telling me I should go to sleep now.  It's time. I need to rest.  As I'm overwhelmed by peace, I smile in agreement. The gentleness of His beckon reflects the depth of His love. 

I may be single, but I am not alone. He is with me. Loving and caring for every necessity. Calling me closer to Him.

Those other things that I long for are distant. It is He who is near.

And He is all I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment