Saturday, May 10, 2008

Love Thy Neighbor

"Love thy neighbor as thyself" Raise your hand if you have heard that one before. Good, I see that all hands are raised. I was watching Dr. Phil today, and I stumbled across a brand new insight. You see, the thing about the phrase "Love thy neighbor as thyself" is that most of the time when we hear it, we tend to focus on the part about loving your neighbor. I think that a lot of times, we need to hear "Love thyself as thy neighbor." Dr. Phil says that we are the image we portray to others. The way we feel about ourselves, encourages the way others feel about us. If we think we are fun to be around, others will think so too. Personally, I love myself. There are moments when I think I'm so much fun to be around. Sometimes I'm sitting at the drums, and I do something that cracks me up. And the way I think sometimes, oh my goodness, I find myself funny. I've noticed that other people find me funny as well. So, it's kinda like this....love yourself, love your neighbor, and make sure you love yourself for the same reasons that you would love your neighbor. (ex) If you love your neighbor because he/she is optimistic, find and love the optimist in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment