Saturday, May 10, 2008

Take From Me My Life

"Take from me my life, when I don't have the strength to give it to You, Jesus." These song lyrics mean so much to me right now. They've taken on a new meaning for me. When I first heard them, I thought about a person being in a horrible situation. I pictured something bad happening to them, and the person not being able to turn to God because of all the pain. That isn't where I am right now. My second thought was about someone facing a new phase in his/her life. I thought of that person not wanting to give up control by turning to God. That isn't quite my situation either. (although control is an issue) Right now, I know what is best of me. I know who I should spend time with and where I should be focusing my energy. I've spent my whole life resisting accountability and making sure I can take the easy way out. When I was praying, I realized that even though I knew this about myself, I didn't know how to fix it. I don't have the strength or will power to fix it. I need God to take my life anyway. I'm not strong enough without Him. I can't give it to Him now, because I don't know how. I have to trust that He can and will guide me anyway. Lord, please take from me my life, because I don't have the strength to give to You.

No comments:

Post a Comment