Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Quest for Transparency

A couple weekends ago I had the opportunity to visit Benedictine College in Atchison, Kansas. I also had the opportunity to attend a praise and worship session on campus. Something that one of the speakers said really stuck with me. He said that we have to be transparent with each other. Transparent. That is a powerful word. But I think the speaker was right on. We have to be transparent with our lives. It is the only way to grow; it is the only way to really share your life with others. It is not easy though. Transparent. That means completely see through. Every fault, every shortcoming, and every failed attempt. Our lives truly impact those around us when we are willing to humble ourselves into transparency. We become vulnerable, which can be terrifying. All I can say is buckle your seat belt. It's going to be a bumpy ride, but wait till you see where we are going! (Join me in my quest for transparency) P.S. I have a long way to go.....

No comments:

Post a Comment