Friday, July 30, 2010

Eternity

I was reminded again tonight of how essential our ministry is. I was reminded of how important, how significant each and every conversation should be (and is).

We are always, at every moment, dealing with eternal souls that will either live in the sheer bliss of the beatific vision or suffer in the eternal devastation of no God.

We are gifts. We've been given to one another - to lead, to guide, to direct.  Whether it is the child in my care, the student in my classroom, the teen in the youth group, the family member at home, or the friend on the phone, I am meant as a gift from God to that person. To lead, to guide, and to direct. Which way am I leading? Were does my direction send?

Am I a champion of salvation? Do I encourage others in their journey towards God, helping them to discover His will and His love?

I should be. In fact, this is a matter of such utter importance that I have no time not to be.

This is urgent.

This is salvation. It is life everlasting. It is THE journey, and we are meant to travel together.

No comments:

Post a Comment