Saturday, July 24, 2010

In Black and White

Well everyone. Here it is.

I am officially (and publicly) committing to blogging everyday. I have never made this commitment before, largely because I know that it is in the little, day-to-day disciplines that I most struggle. In other words, I knew (and was content with the fact) that I would fail. However, my life needs to change. Within those little, day-to-day disciplines lies my deepest need for growth.

My life must change.

So tonight marks a new beginning, a bigger commitment. This entry is not glamorous; it does not offer the kind of life one would desire to mimic.  It's one stroke of goodness rests in the fact that it is real, an honest prayer murmured heavenward towards a God who deserves far more...

Dear Jesus,

O how I love Thee! And O how I have neglected You. My prayer life is not a deep and rich oasis of fulfillment and love. It exists only in spurts - small moments scattered infrequently throughout my day - when I am reminded of You and Your love. Those moments are not an intimate and joyous exchange. Rather, they are fleeting reminders that inspire feelings of guilt and sorrow, which are quickly brushed off.

That prayer was written a month ago. Not much has changed. Actually, in the interest remaining completely genuine, nothing has changed. At least not for the better.

Tonight marks a new beginning.

No comments:

Post a Comment