Friday, July 30, 2010

The Visitation

As many know, the Visitation is my favorite mystery of the Rosary. I absolutely love to meditate upon what Mary and Elizabeth shared during that time.  Beyond the acknowledging of Jesus as God, beyond the out-pouring of Mary's heart and soul, we are able to see women nurturing each other in their roles as mothers. It is beautiful.

One of my favorite times to be around the married women I know is when they are pregnant or have just given birth. I love spending time with women in that state of motherhood. They are so completely given to their child. They sacrifice their very bodies, laying down every ounce of selfishness within them, to nurture the newest blessing.

What better time to nurture a woman than when she is giving so much of herself?

No comments:

Post a Comment